‘‘Subtle thatch and chamomile aromas, taut green apple, pear and lemon zest. Granitic acidity. 2022-26″
“Expressive aromatics of peach, citrus, fynbos and talcum powder while the palate has excellent fruit concentration and snappy acidity, the finish long and pithy.”
Hogan Chenin Blanc 2020 Case
Out of stock
THIS CASE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING
6 x 750ml Hogan Chenin Blanc 2020
100% Chenin Blanc
VINIFICATION & VITICULTURAL DETAILS
The Chenin blanc grapes were handpicked in early February from old, bush vines, planted on decomposed granite from Joubertskloof in Swartland, delivering only 2 tons/ha (11hL/ha). The vineyard block is irrigated and is east
facing which contributes to the favourably low pH. After picking, the grapes were then cooled overnight to 10 degrees celcius and hand-sorted the next day followed by a gentle whole bunch press. No sulphur or any other additions were
made to the must at pressing. Natural fermentation took place in 225L and 300L French oak barrels followed by natural malolactic fermentation (after which the wine received the first sulphur addition). The wine was racked off the gross lees in early January 2021 and bottled later that month.
Total acidity 5.4g/l
Residual sugar 1.3g/l
- Winemag rating Christian Eedes: January 2022: 95/100
- Tim Atkin South Africa 2021 Special report: September 2021: 93/100
- Platter Guide 2022 rating: 4.5 stars (93/100)
- Tim Atkin South Africa 2018 Special report: September 2020: 90/100
- Winemag.co.za: Christian Eedes October 2021: 95/100
- Platter's Guide 2021: 93 points (4.5 stars)
Free shipping in South Africa.
For international sales, please contact us directly for a shipping quote.